With seven novels, the Harry Potter series is full of quotes to remember, quotes for life, and quotes of magic. When Harry Potter first meets Hagrid, his introduction to London, Hogwarts, and the world of magic becomes real. Imagine walking down the streets of London and walking into stores of magic wands, owls, Bertie Botts Every Flavor Beans, cauldrons, and black robes.
The books inspire true emotion as we relate to the characters and become witches and wizards. We all love seeing the impossible become reality. With the help of a wand and a little flourish, anything is possible. Magic is real.
Accio, wand! Grab your magic wand and channel your inner Harry, Ron, Hermione, Dumbledore, or Snape with our favorite wand quotes, movements, and eye-opening moments from the Harry Potter book series. Just swish and flick.
Our Top 10 Harry Potter Quotes:
- “I remember every wand I’ve ever sold, Mr. Potter. Every single wand. It so happens that the phoenix whose tail feather is in your wand, gave another feather - just one other. It is very curious indeed that you should be destined for this wand when its brother - why, its brother gave you that scar...Yes, thirteen-and-a-half inches. Yew. Curious indeed how these things happen. The wand chooses the wizard, remember.”
- Mr. Ollivander, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone
- “Are you sure that’s a real spell...Well, it’s not very good, is it? I’ve tried a few simple spells just for practice and it’s all worked for me.” - Hermione Granger, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone
- “You’re saying it wrong...It’s Wing-GAR-dium Levi-O-sa, make the ‘gar’ nice and long.” - Hermione Granger, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone
- “Now, don’t forget that nice wrist movement we’ve been practising!” squeaked Professor Flitwick, perched on top of his pile of books as usual. “Swish and flick, remember, swish and flick. And saying the magic words properly is very important, too - never forget Wizard Baruffio, who said ‘s’ instead of ‘f’ and found himself on the floor with a buffalo on his chest.” - Professor Flitwick, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone
- “As there is little foolish wand-waving here, many of you will hardly believe this is magic. I don’t expect you will really understand the beauty of the softly simmering cauldron with its shimmering fumes, the delicate power of liquids that creep through human veins, bewitching the mind, ensnaring the senses...I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory, even stopper death - if you aren’t as big a bunch of dunderheads as I usually have to teach.” - Professor Snape, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone
- “He pulled Harry’s wand from his pocket and began to trace it through the air, writing three shimmering words:
TOM MARVOLO RIDDLE
Then he waved the wand once, and the letters of his name rearranged themselves:
I AM LORD VOLDEMORT”
- Tom Riddle/Lord Voldemort, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- “I was thinking, the first thing we should do is Expelliarmus, you know, the Disarming Charm. I know it’s pretty basic but I’ve found it really useful.”
“Oh please...I don’t think Expelliarmus is exactly going to help us against You-Know-Who, do you?”
“I’ve used it against him...It saved my live last June.”
- Harry Potter and Zacharias Smith, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- “The Elder Wand, the most powerful wand ever made. The Resurrection Stone. The Cloak of Invisibility. Together, they make the Deathly Hallows. Together, they make one master of death.”
- Xenophilius Lovegood, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
- “I sought a third wand, Severus. The Elder Wand, the Wand of Destiny, the Deathstick.” - Lord Voldemort, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
- “I’m putting the Elder Wand,” he told Dumbledore who was watching him with enormous affection and admiration, “back where it came from. It can stay there. If I die a natural death like Ignotus, its power will be broken, won’t it? The previous master will never have been defeated. That’ll be the end of it...That wand’s more trouble than it’s worth,” said Harry. “And quite honestly,” he turned away from the painted pictures, thinking now only of the four-poster bed lying waiting for him in Gryffindor Tower, and wondering whether Kreacher might bring him a sandwich there, “I’ve had enough trouble for a lifetime.” - Harry Potter, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
What are some of your favorite magic wand moments and Harry Potter quotes?
Looking for a magic wand of your very own? The Wand Shoppe offers the finest handcrafted magic wands perfect for Harry Potter cosplay, Harry Potter Halloween costumes or just lovers of all things magic! You can check out our wands here.